TERRAIN TAMER 4WD PARTS
- The History of Terrain Tamer, part of the Don Kyatt Group, goes back to the 1960’s when the need for modified stronger parts were needed to get the job done in the great Australain bush.
“LOOKING BACK you’d find an old Thornycroft vehicle being dismantled in 1936 and its rear axles and transmission being fitted to a Leyland Badger.
- Why? Because this modification allowed the now famous mailman ‘Tom Kruse’ to complete the world’s most remote mail run through Outback Australia for the next 25 years.
Pioneers like Tom, who had to rely on vehicles tough enough to traverse our rugged land, opened up our country.
- Legends like Bill King from Australian Adventure Tours (AAT Kings), one of our earliest customers, who built his business on the back of the Bedford 4WDs that we supplied him.
- Since the 1960’s, our company has learnt from these pioneers – sometimes the hard way. While every vehicle has its strengths, they all have weaknesses that can stop them in their tracks without a care for location.
- We’ve learnt what works well and how we can strengthen a vehicle to ensure safe passage through our dangerous yet beautiful landscape.
It all began with Bedfords and Leylands and continued through LandCruisers and Patrols to where we are today with a quickly spreading market of 4WD Utilities that are themselves on their own pioneering journey.
Over the years, the knowledge we have shared with our customers has manifested itself into a unique range of over 40,000 4WD parts.
They are the culmination of 50 years of engineering, testing and manufacture that has allowed us to assist other regions of the world, including Africa.”
Terrain Tamer – Part of the Don Kyatt Group – OEM Parts and Upgrades